Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Korfball Discussion
 Changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Forgotten coach
Star Player

United Kingdom
138 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2018 :  14:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Do the EKA need to change the way Coaches are being picked to fulfill the coaching roles within the England set up. Is it time to have a director of coaching for England Korfball. Somebody who understands what is needed to give our teams the best possible chance of doing well in competitions.

steve
World Class

Netherlands
1635 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2018 :  23:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Do you think its needed?

what do you think a director of coaching would change?

personal view is a director of coaching would be a bad move in england.

Edited by - steve on 12 Jul 2018 07:01:47Go to Top of Page

Forgotten coach
Star Player

United Kingdom
138 Posts
Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  13:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I was just asking a question, Steve.

As you have replied, why do you think a director of coaching would be a bad thing.

I never said I think we should have one,I'm just trying to get a idea on how people feel.

Edited by - Forgotten coach on 12 Jul 2018 15:33:16Go to Top of Page

steve
World Class

Netherlands
1635 Posts
Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  19:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
how people feel about what?

All coaching roles are fill aint they?

coaching the youth teams is whoever puts there name forwards and the senior roles are pick based on what ikf coaching level you have

Go to Top of Page

Johan
World Class

United Kingdom
812 Posts
Posted - 21 Jul 2018 :  18:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I think that one of the common issues is lack of preparation time, England seniors wonít start until in August and the U21ís went totally unprepared to a tournament and didnít perform well.

Can a director of coaching change that or should there be a better strategy in place by people who are best qualified to do so.

When you watch the youth teams it is very clear that there is a real lack of consistency in how they play and this could well be a sign of the lack of strategy within the set up.

Iím not convinced a director of coaching would be found within England who is qualified enough and can fulfil that role.

Please note that these are my personal views and not those of clubs or teams I represent.

Johan OosterlingGo to Top of Page

steve
World Class

Netherlands
1635 Posts
Posted - 21 Jul 2018 :  23:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Didnt someone say the seniors where already training? do you mean they have stopped for a
summer break then will start again in aug?

The problem i see with a director of coaching is there is not enough coaches to do it.

you have u15,u17,u19,21 and seniors thats 5 different age groups if just 1 of them coaches doesnt agree with what the doc says and does something different what happens?

normally they would get sacked but there is no replacements in england, ok you might be able to do this 1 or 2 times but then your done you have 0 coaches left.

the senior squad currently has no assistant coach and a coach picked based on the coaching qualification they hold with only 1 or 2 more people having that the choices will soon be getting slim!

I think appointing coaches on time has to be a priority.these events dont just suddenly pop up they are set years in advance so this shouldnt be a problem.

Also i think the IKF needs to take some blame for the standard of the u21 event.
the u15,u17 and u19 events have only taken place in the last few months and many teams would have players in more then 1 age group.

this would have cost alot of money and time off school/uni/work so the planning needs o be better.

coaches can make a big difference to how a team plays and how good they can get but the biggest thing holding all english teams back is the lack of training time

Go to Top of Page

Marc
KorfballWorld.com

Netherlands
2079 Posts
Posted - 22 Jul 2018 :  11:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Marc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
How come one of the olderst IKF members and country taking part in the top6 program doesn't have enough coaches for these positions? And why is IKF to blame for the timing of one official IKF championship versus three patronaged events?

Korfball World.com - International korfball news, merchandise & home of the Korfball World FoundationGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

© Korfball.com 2000-2018

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 secs.