Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Korfball Discussion
 Historic Korfball
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Sam_S
World Class

972 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2015 :  20:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
http://www.npogeschiedenis.nl/speler.WO_VPRO_035437.html

A video of a Dutch indoor final from 1961. Quite surreal to see Korfball played like this after watching the modern game yesterday!

AnnaT
World Class

504 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2015 :  23:01:34  Show Profile  Visit AnnaT's Homepage  Send AnnaT an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
There's a move in there I might try next time I play ... think it would surprise more than a few people!

Great video.

www.croydonkorfball.co.uk
Croydon Tournament at Royal Russell School on Sunday July 5thGo to Top of Page

Martin H
First Team

72 Posts
Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  16:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I have found one from 1946. Of course, it's Holland against Belgium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXbDuLE-Ck

Go to Top of Page

Marc
KorfballWorld.com

Netherlands
2100 Posts
Posted - 19 Apr 2015 :  01:24:26  Show Profile  Visit Marc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Too bad you probably won't understand the Dutch commentary of that 1961 championship. He is talking about "the lead growing by the minute" and "one shot may be missed, but the next one was a goal". And then you hear the final result... 9-1!

akademiya-korfbola.by | soon... Korfball World.com - International korfball informationGo to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3677 Posts
Posted - 22 Apr 2015 :  01:13:36  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AyLifwTMSw

Not quite as historic but the tight shorts are certainly making it look that way.

The 1985 World Games held at Crystal Palace was quite a step up with highlights from the games shown on channel 4 each night and Puma providing us all with free boots.

The GB team performed fairly poorly but this game against Germany in a packed Crystal Palace was the highlight

Go to Top of Page

Korfin in the USA
Star Player

USA
305 Posts
Posted - 22 Apr 2015 :  04:50:09  Show Profile  Visit Korfin in the USA's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I wish we could find in the archives the USA vs GB game in the 1985 World Games. The game that made it a three way tie for third place. It was a high point in American korfball.

David
www.uskorfball.orgGo to Top of Page

Marc
KorfballWorld.com

Netherlands
2100 Posts
Posted - 22 Apr 2015 :  22:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Marc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Steve, is that you in number 13???

Belarus Korfball Academy: akademiya-korfbola.by | Korfball World.com - International korfball information & home of the Korfball World FoundationGo to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3677 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  02:34:55  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Yes Marc

Go to Top of Page

Steve Barker
KorfballNet.com

USA
3677 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  02:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Steve Barker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I have never seen any video of the 1985 GB v USA game but I do remember watching on Channel 4 the next day.

Those were the days when there was 'the team' and then there were substitutes who only came in for injury.

Following the loss to the USA in desperation the GB coach Alan Robson fielded his bench against Belgium. They played a great game losing by just 5 goals if I remember rightly and that result brought about changes to the line up for the final game against Germany.

Great Britain clearly could and should have won the bronze medal but those really poor opening games in which 'the team' even struggled against India and our inability to take penalties under pressure saw the USA snatch it

Go to Top of Page

Karen Field
New Player

1 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  12:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Thanks for posting that link Steve. Brought back some great memories. Was a lovely surprise to see my Dad in it too - with hair!

Karen x

Go to Top of Page

nicol
New Player

United Kingdom
2 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2015 :  08:42:50  Show Profile  Visit nicol's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Thanks for sharing Sam....Its really awesome....

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Korfball.com 2000-2018

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 secs.