Korfball.com Forums - Viewing Message
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Report Abuse
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Korfball Discussion
 Trojans at the IKF Europa Cup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Johan
World Class

United Kingdom
797 Posts
Posted - 11 Jan 2018 :  10:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Can Trojans defend their bronze medal successfully or even go higher at this week’s Europa Cup?

What are the expectations in England?

Their first match vs Top is live at 11:00 on the following link https://youtu.be/-870ReTeOKk

I expect their 1st match to be to get into the tournament walking away from this with positives getting ready for tonight’s match vs the Czech Champions. I’m hoping they start with their starting 8 for tonight and let them compete at least for a half. As a player you really want to be playing in these matches, Trojans could meet both the Dutch and the Belgians in this new format if the results go their way during the group stages.

Pegasus don’t seem to be the team they once were, last year Trojans beat the German champs (not Pegasus) convincingly. They beat the Czechs by 1 goal so the Czechs will gutted and determined at their last chance tonight or their tournament is already over on day 1. Trojans experience on this stage surely must be a huge advantage, a convincing win should be good for their confidence going into tomorrow’s match vs the Germans.

The Belgians didn’t convince this morning scoring just 15 goals, maybe Top will have it too easy this year.

Please note that these are my personal views and not those of clubs or teams I represent.

Johan Oosterling

The Man in Black
First Team

United Kingdom
68 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  01:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Good result to finish Day 1. Wish them success tomorrow.

Excuse my ignorance but where is Amy Turner? Is she injured?Go to Top of Page

Johan
World Class

United Kingdom
797 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  07:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Amy is injured indeed, very good result against the Czechs who were fighting for their last chance really. Now it’s the Germans today at 11:00 the link for the game https://youtu.be/u_b9TKelwNE .

Interesting to how they went about day 1and it looks like that the Germans had to go deeper to win their match vs the Czechs. This could be another advantage to Trojans, with 25 goals scored in just 2x 17 mins their confidence must be high. Straight after is the match between AKC vs Benfica, this would be in favour of Trojans if they can win their match today they will be playing the winner of that match. It will be interesting to see if Benfica can compete with them and if AKC have to dig deep for the win then the semi final could be really interesting and maybe gives Trojans a good match to have a real go at them too.

Please note that these are my personal views and not those of clubs or teams I represent.

Johan OosterlingGo to Top of Page

Sam_S
World Class

935 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  10:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Looks like the new format has paid off in terms of giving us some more exciting games.

The Catalans have disappointed me a bit, or maybe I just have unrealistic expectations for what they could do in a "home" tournament?

Looks like Trojans got off to a great start. I fancy them to get that Bronze medal again: Benfica are probably more of a threat than Pegasus but looks like Benfica have taken a really small squad so injuries/tired legs/tactical changes may well go against them.

Go to Top of Page

Johan
World Class

United Kingdom
797 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  11:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Just watching the game and Trojans got stuck a lot vs Pegasus in avery low scoring game. They will need to have a really good half to get the win.

Johan OosterlingGo to Top of Page

Sam_S
World Class

935 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  11:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
I really need to stop making predictions.

Go to Top of Page

Johan
World Class

United Kingdom
797 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  11:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
Trojans lost to Pegasus with an incredibly poor 1st half, now they’re playing for 5/6th which is not really what they were looking for and they will have to beat the Hungarian champs to reach that game. It does show how tight it is in the subtop in the Europa Cup. Besides the extremely poor first half a very crucial moment was not getting to 8-10 with a missed pen but instead it went straight away 7-11, they never recovered from that. So the dream of retaining Bronze is over, who will it be? Can Benfica challenge AKC or will they have the face the Germans?

Now I know how it feels to be an England team sports surporter at major tournaments.

Johan Oosterling

Edited by - Johan on 12 Jan 2018 14:16:08Go to Top of Page

DLizzle
Star Player

United Kingdom
136 Posts
Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  15:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Report a problem with this post
A close match against SZAC, 11-12 at one point until Trojans scored 5 unanswered goals to make it a more comfortable 16-12.

Should be an interesting final game against Valla, who will be disappointed not to be fighting for a medal as well.

--- Highbury Korfball Club http://www.highburykorfball.co.uk/ ---

Edited by - DLizzle on 12 Jan 2018 15:21:25Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

© Korfball.com 2000-2016

Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 secs.